Many people simply do not realise how easy it can be to get points on our driving licence, even if you are a good drive that never speeds. All too often people simply get in their car and set off on their journey and don't check the car from one service to the next - and why would you even think about your car if you are getting it serviced regularly and the MOT is up to date?
The answer is very simple - if you fail to check your car for some very simple problems, then you could find yourself receiving fines and points on your licence.
In this video, we go through the most important things that can cost you point on your licence and/or a fine from the police - some of these can result in your car being impounded with a hefty release fee!
Before you go anywhere in your car, check it for yourself or get us to check it for you.
- Tyres – Make sure you have 1.6mm of tread all around your tyre on every wheel.
- Lights – headlights, rear lights, indicators and brake lights all need to be in perfect working order.
- Windscreen washer – must not be empty and must be in working order.
- Windscreen wipers – must work properly.
- Your Mirrors – fitted and correctly adjusted.
- And of course your brakes.
Give us a call today if you are unsure about anything - we are happy to help.